Well something works really smart here. Smart hub is not about having a bunch of apps but its about tying them together here. Samsung’s Smart Hub platform is available on its 2017 TVs, which delivers a more intuitive user interface, faster access to on-demand entertainment, and more personalized recommendations. The layout is smart and intuitive from the most you start using it. When you hit the Home button on the remote control and the menu pops up a two-tiered design.
The lower tier, known as the Featured menu, displays icons for all the apps, games, and services that you use. It’s fully customizable and pre-populated with the most common services, like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and Hulu. The upper-tier, or recent menu, displays the most recent or most popular offerings from each service in the lower menu. Watch the video below as how it works.
The smartest thing of the Smart Hub is that it is designed to work hand-in-glove with the remote control, a disarmingly simple-looking device that is really a true genius. Many of the functions that used to live on the remote control and thus clutter it up with dozens of buttons have been moved to the onscreen menu. What you get now is a streamlined experience and now you will seldom wish for that traditional remote. The menu and remote are designed to work together for a streamlined experience
Some of the smart features offered in Smart Hub
Here’s below some of what you can do today with Samsung Smart Hub:
- You can easily access your favorite apps, like Hulu, YouTube, Spotify, HBO GO, as well as live TV with the colorful tabs lining the bottom of the screen
- Many of the streaming services support 4K Ultra HD programming, including the likes of Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and M-GO.
- Samsung’s latest Smart TVs support PlayStation Now, a game streaming service that lets you play hundreds of PlayStation 3 games streamed from the cloud.
- You can use and select smartphones and tablets like a universal remote or wirelessly mirror your portable device so you can play music, photos, videos, and more, on your big screen
- Select Samsung Smart TVs let you view interactive sports stats right on the screen — while watching a live sports game. No need to fumble through your phone to get the info.
- With Multitasking support you can watch live TV and also open a web browser to look up information on the show’s cast. You can also pull up apps, like Twitter, while watching live TV.
- The newly designed Smart Control gives you an on-screen cursor to easily select menu items and channels.
- With an optional camera accessory, you can also control your Smart TV content using simple hand gestures or your voice.
- Even download the latest game-changing apps via Galaxy Apps on your mobile device and via SmartHub on your TV.
So does it not too smart to easily share and enjoy content from various devices.