Tidal the most popular music streaming service is now available as an app on Samsung Wearable devices, which include the latest Galaxy Watch, Gear Sport, Gear S3, Gear S2, and fitness bands including Gear Fit2 Pro and Gear Fit2. This is Tidal’s first app for wearables.
If you remember Tidal which is a wireless audio 360 was developed by Samsung Audio Lab in US and works with Samsung TV to experience high-quality and room-filling sound with a single speaker.
With Samsung’s Ring Radiator Technology, sound travels in a ring shape and allows listeners to experience 360° soundwith better sound dispersion and no dead spots. Also you can take hold of all your music with Samsung Multiroom app. You can use your phone or tablet to stream your favorite tunes and control your playlistson one speaker or multiple speakersfrom anywhere in your home using Wi-Fi.
How to get started with Tidal?
Tidal lets you play all your favorite music in High Fidelity sound quality. You can choose from millions of tracks, and get behind the music with expertly Curated Editorial recommendations, album presentations, playlists, articles, features and interviews by experienced music journalists.
Your predefined playlists and favorites are direct at your hand or you can search for your favorite artists, albums or tracks to play. Browse and play recommended tracks, albums or playlists for any occasion.
Tidal is available in Samsung Multiroom app. Run the Multiroom app and tap on the main menu icon. Choose Tidal and log on with your Tidal account. Now you are ready to enjoy Tidal.
Using Tidal app on the wearable device
On Samsung Android
- Download and open Galaxy Apps on your Phone
- Search for Tidal, then install the Tidal Wearable app.
- Open the app on your Samsung Wearable.
In the app, a “Main Menu” screen will be the jump-off point for users to access their music collection. Within that is an “Explore” section for serving up editorial content and searching through Tidal’s catalog and playlists. The “My Collection” screen shows users their favorite content. Users will be able to download content to revisit when offline, and Tidal is highlighting this in combination with its workout playlists to appeal to fitness-minded Samsung Wearable owners.
Samsung has announced a long-term partnership with Spotify which sees the app included as part of the setup experience on Samsung devices. There are also plans for Spotify and Samsung accounts to eventually link for smart home integration with Samsung’s SmartThings app.
The Tidal app is now available on all current-generation Samsung Wearable devices and Samsung Smart TVs that are 2017 models or newer and more integrations with wearables to come.
There are some benefits to using Tidal on a Samsung wearable device. If you sign up to Tidal on a Samsung wearable, you’ll get access to a Tidal three-month trial or you can continue the experience on your Samsung TV, if you have one.
- Also Go to tidal.comon your computer, phone or similar.
- Log in if you are an existing member, or sign up to Tidal
- Enter the code displayed on your Samsung Wearable to link it to your account and begin streaming.
It’s likely the Apple Watch will be among the next group of wearables to get Tidal support considering that the Apple Watch is by far the more popular wearable on the planet. It’s likely Google’s Wear OS will also get support — despite the fact that it may have faced some hurdles, it’s still one of the top three wearable platforms out there.
Subscription of Tidal
Following are the subscription types you can avail after your free trial has expired:
- Premium – $9.99 a month with standard sound quality
- HiFi – $19.99 a month with lossless High Fidelity sound quality
- Family Premium – $14.99 a month including up to 5 additional family members totaling 6 on the account.
- Family HiFi – $29.99 a month including up to 5 additional family members totaling 6 on the account.
- Student Premium – $4.99 a month, must be able to confirm eligibility, you will need to reverify eligibility every 12 months.
- Student HiFi – $9.99 a month, must be able to confirm eligibility, you will need to reverify eligibility every 12 months.
- Military Premium – $5.99 a month, must be able to confirm eligibility
Military HiFi – $11.99 a month, must be able to confirm eligibility
You may access the various subscription options at https://my.tidal.com/us/account/subscription
Tidal is a global music and entertainment platform that brings artists and fans together through unique music and content experiences and is currently available in 53 countries. Tidal has over 58 million songs in catalog and over 240,000 high-quality videos, offering passionate music fans both a premium and high fidelity sound quality, along with high-resolution video, and expertly curated editorial content. Remember that Tidal provides a 30 day free trial period to all new customers on both subscription tiers.